Tuesday, May 17, 2011

second try at the mix down

On Monday, May 9, I  show up at studio A around 12:30. The door is locked and the music dept isn't opened yet. I call Sasha to find out what time he was gonna meet me. It sounded like he almost forgot. He shows up about 15 minutes later and unlocks the studio and we get started. I started messing with the levels of the tracks and got it to where it  sounded pretty good. next I started working on the solo. there was bits  that I wanted to blend the first solo with the second. Sasha refreshed my memory on how to mute sections out of that passage. then was the vocals and decided to compress it so that  the louder notes didn't stick out too much.
when it came time to bounce it to my flash drive, we once again came upon the issue of  it sounding slower than the pro tools session. Sasha called Brian and he came down , meanwhile, Sasha routed the output to the summing box. We ended up making another stereo track and took that output through the summing box to a external cd recorder. I guess the problem was that when we changed the settings on the pro tools sessions to 44.1, we didn't change the master clock setting as well and that's what was causing the glitch in our playback. I am so glad  the song is finally mixed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment